The Colour Heroes website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within The Colour Heroes website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website on to their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from Our website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer hard drive by external vendors when The Colour Heroes website uses referral programmes, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected
Contact & Communication
Users contacting us via our website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in our GDPR Policy below. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process.
Colour Heroes use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter programme the website operates, but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Colour Heroes website operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers that might be legitimately interested in our products and services supplied by our website and our agency. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so, but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. This contact is all managed in accordance with our GDPR Policy below and the data protection regulations introduced on 25th May 2018.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and is all managed in accordance with our GDPR Policy below and the data protection regulations introduced on 25th May 2018. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates The Colour Heroes website. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will be detailed instead.
Although our website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
Colour Heroes cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and our website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages, or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that our website participate on are custom to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Our website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
The Colour Heroes website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion, and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Colour Heroes Commitment to your Privacy
From the 25th of May 2018 the DPA (Data Protection Act) is changing to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The essence of this change is about bringing legislation up-to-date and making your online data choices clearer.
What’s changing with Colour Heroes?
Not much, because at Colour Heroes we’ve always done our utmost to protect customer data. For example, when ordering online we only ask for and store those details which are required to deliver our products to your doorstep. We never store card details and only process cards via the secure solutions offered by PayPal. Or for example when we think that strategies and creative ideas we have will legitimately interest you and your marketing team
If Colour Heroes is safe, what’s the point of all this?
The law has been reinforced to keep us all safe, and part of that requires every company to inform its customers of these changes and provide a page like this one, to clearly break down how and where your data is used online.
When does Colour Heroes collect personal data?
- When you make an online purchase online or by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us with queries, complaints, etc.
- When you send a cheque.
- When you leave a customer review.
- When we think our strategic and creative work could legitimately benefit your business.
Whilst all data has been collected via previous DPA rules and will now be collected adhering to GDPR rules, it’s important to note that all Colour Heroes contact is also considered a ‘legitimate interest’, for example, important notifications, related product information and policy updates.
For more information – Recital 47 GDPR
What sort of personal data does Colour Heroes collect?
- Company Name and Address – Required to ensure successful delivery of any samples or ordered products.
- Company Billing Address – Required to process orders where your billing address is different to your delivery address.
- Phone Number – Required by some delivery companies to successfully deliver products. Used by Colour Heroes to contact a potential customer to discuss strategies and orders.
- Email – Required to send order receipts, tracking numbers and answers to enquires/complaints. We also use this to send Colour Heroes product information, offers and creative ideas via our email newsletter. New customers can opt in to the Colour Heroes Newsletter at the checkout when ordering for the first time or on the contact form when contacting Colour Heroes for the first time.
- Login and Password – Required for access to your online Colour Heroes shop customer account, if you’ve ordered via the website, to make ordering tailored and quicker. Your login and password combination are encrypted on a secure server.
- Returning Customer ID – Required if you order via one of our websites, our system will create a unique customer ID. This ID is stored in a cookie which will allow a more tailored shopping experience online. To prevent this ID being stored, you can log out of your account after placing your order and optionally remove any stored cookies from your browser.
- Residing country (By closet match IP) – Required – To tailor our website to display your local currency and residing country, on your first visit our system will match your location based on the IP address you are using to access the internet.
- Social Media – Optional – If you decide to connect with us on social media we’ll see the details you have decided to share with that platform. Should you wish to change those settings please look at your privacy settings on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc.
Who do we share your personal data with?
There are occasions we have to share your personal data with third parties, such as your name and address with our delivery companies, otherwise delivery of your order just wouldn’t be possible. Below is a full list of trusted third-party companies we work with, who we may share your personal data with, depending on how you use our website and/or place an order.
- Delivery Services – Royal Mail or other delivery company depending on competitive pricing. Name, Address and Phone Number (Overseas only). These details are required to successfully deliver orders to your chosen address.
- Mailchimp – Optional – Name & Email Address – Mail Chimp is one of the largest providers for email services. Mailchimp is used to send important customer information, Colour Heroes News, Product information and Offers. When ordering for the first time if you don’t want to receive these emails simply leave the tick box unchecked.
- Paypal – Required* – Name, Address, Phone, Email, PayPal Account and/or Credit/Debit Card Details. PayPal has become an online favourite for secure payments. These details are required to take payment for an order placed online where PayPal is selected.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We’ll only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected for, for example;
- Orders – When you place an order with us we’ll keep your data for a minimum of 10 years. This is to allow us to comply with legal obligations and to make reordering for any returning customers easier. We’ll only store your name, address and order history. No payment details are stored.
- Online Accounts – If you’ve created an online account, it will be flagged if no orders have been placed after 5 years. We’ll contact you to ask if you want the account to remain open, and if no reply is received the account will be deleted along with any personal details held.
- Reviews – If you’ve been kind enough to leave us a review, your review may be used online or within Colour Heroes marketing during the life of the company. Should you wish to anonymise the review by removing your name, this can be requested; however, use and ownership of the review belongs to Colour Heroes.
- Email Campaigns/Mailchimp – If you’ve requested our email newsletter we will continue to send to the email provided until one of the following conditions is met:
- Customer Unsubscribes
- Email Address is no-longer accepting email
- Colour Heroes removes the data
- Colour Heroes decides to close its email marketing programme
How we protect your personal data
We know how important security is to all our customers and we treat all data with the upmost care. For example;
- Our websites are secured by https://
- Our websites are stored on privately owned servers, where Colour Heroes retain all means of access.
- Servers are regularly updated to the latest versions of OS and Firewall.
- We regularly follow First Data guidelines to insure our websites and offline procedures are PCI compliant.
- If you have an account with Colour Heroes, your password is encrypted.
- Colour Heroes never sees your payment details when you order online. When you order through our website, we pass you to a secure payment gateway through Paypal to process all payments, thus ensuring our systems never see or store sensitive data.
- We constantly review our policies to ensure your data is treated with most respect and care.
How you can protect your personal data
When ordering online it is important to consider what security you have for your computer or tablet as many data breaches online can be related to an infected device rather than the website you are visiting being at fault. We’d advise anyone ordering online to consider the following before giving any company their personal information;
- Only use the internet if you have an anti-virus and firewall package installed.
- Only purchase a well-known security package from companies. Make sure your firewall is active before browsing the web.
- Regularly run your anti-virus.
- Before entering any details on a website, make sure the website connection is over https:// look for the display of a padlock in the browser window.
What are your rights over your personal data?
Even though Colour Heroes holds the absolute minimum data required to process an order, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Correction of any personal data that is incorrect or out of date.
- The option to unsubscribe at any time from our email marketing campaigns – simply click “unsubscribe” in the received email or contact us as below.
To ask for your information please contact, Data Protection Officer, Colour Heroes, Suite 1, Crayke House, Easingwold Business Park, Birch Way, YO61 3FB or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To update your details please follow instructions when placing your order or contact us here. Please note: All requests need to be placed in writing using the address or email above, these requests cannot be made by phone. Any request may take up to 30 days to action, any refusal will be sent by the same means as the initial request.
What personal data do Colour Heroes need to keep?
Under extremely rare circumstances Colour Heroes can refuse to erase data. For example, any data which relates to the following:
- Freedom of expression and information in relation to product reviews.
- To comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest or exercise of official authority.
- To support legal claims.
- For public health purposes in the public interest.
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, historical or statistical.
How do I make a complaint about Colour Heroes?
If you have any concern about how Colour Heroes uses your data, please contact us using the following methods; Post: Data Protection Officer, Colour Heroes, Suite 1, Crayke House, Easingwold Business Park, Birch Way, YO61 3FB Email: email@example.com Phone: 01347 824459. Please only use this number to raise a complaint; any requests regarding your rights over your personal data must be made in writing to the above address or email. If, after that, you feel our reply wasn’t satisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Phone: 0303 123 1113. Online: https://ico.org.uk/concerns If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection in your country. Please contact your government’s official website to find the appropriate complaint procedure.
You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write to us at our office address: Colour Heroes Ltd, Suite 1, Crayke House, Easingwold Business Park, Birch Way, Easingwold, York YO61 3FB. Telephone us on 01347 824459.